On our last community call on December 1st, we heard about the new Frictionless Data - CKAN integration from senior developer Edgar Zanella.
Being a much awaited and longterm requested integration from the community, there are several projects aiming at integrating Frictionless Data with CKAN:
- Datapackager CKAN Extension - allowing the import of Data Packages directly to CKAN, and the export of any dataset in your portal as a Data Package
- CKAN Validation Extension - providing all the Frictionless Framework validation functionalities to your CKAN portal
- CKAN Data Portal supported by Frictionless Framework - providing an easy way to load Data Packages to and from your CKAN portal, using CKAN control
- Frictionless CKAN Mapper - a small Python library working behind the scenes to convert datasets formats from CKAN to Frictionless Packages, and vice versa.
Check out Edgar’s presentation to know more about these projects and to see them demoed:
If you use any Frictionless Data - CKAN integration, please let us know! We would love to hear what you think.
Here are all the repos:
- CKAN Datapackager Extension: https://github.com/frictionlessdata/ckanext-datapackager (opens new window)
- CKAN Validation Extension: https://github.com/frictionlessdata/ckanext-validation (opens new window)
- CKAN Data Portal (part of Frictionless Framework): https://github.com/frictionlessdata/framework (opens new window)
- Frictionless/CKAN Mapper: https://github.com/frictionlessdata/frictionless-ckan-mapper (opens new window)
# Join us next month!
Next community call is on December 22nd, we don’t have any presentation scheduled yet, so if you have a cool project that you would like to show to the community, just let us know! You can just fill out this form (opens new window), or come and tell us on our community chat on Slack (opens new window) (also via Matrix (opens new window)). See you there!
Also, you can sign up for the call already here (opens new window).
Do you want to share something with the community? Let us know when you sign up.
# Call Recording
On a final note, here is the recording of the full call: